Tuesday, June 24, 2008

World in my head,
I know you aren't real,
But you make me much happier
Than some real things do.
I don't take you to school
To show you to my favourite teacher.
I don't position you on my desk
Hoping visitors will see.
Sometimes my friends hear of you,
Mostly, they don't.
I didn't feel a rush of pride
When you were complete.
But I think you're perfect,
And perfect is a word I've never used
For anything else that I've made
And happen to be proud of.

You're my treasure trove, my fairyland,
My teenage romance;
You're the best part of my childhood
The future I hope for.
You're my favourite song
Playing to my favourite dream.
You're a drop of blood
From the reddest region of my heart.

I wish I could stay in you longer,
But there are voices calling me back.
Angry, feverish voices,
Growing steadily shriller
With each moment I linger.

They make me sick.
But I can't defy them...
Do you hate me for it?
Do you think I'm weak?

Don't hate me, my world,
That would shatter me.
You're the only one I can trust,
The one I can always turn to.

6 beep/s:

Clezevra said...

Lovely... how do you come up with such lines... haunting, lingering... thoughtfully true.

kd said...

doesnt anyone write happy stuff anymore?:P i like.

kd said...

btw check my blog for the magazine pics

Doubletake, Doublethink. said...

i especially like the way it begins :)

radhika said...

is your world the only one you can trust?!! genuine question..im sorry you know wat i am like off late!

Death On Two Legs said...

Well, maybe not. I sure meant it when I wrote it though. I generally am quite a trusting person.