Thursday, December 11, 2008

Did You Know?

People think I'm overflowing with the milk of human kindness. What did I ever do to give that impression?


I'm smiling all the time. Well, I like keeping myself happy. How magnanimous is that?

People say I never lose my temper. I'm hardly ever rude. There's a blooming difference. I DO get mad. Sometimes I get so mad, that I feel like sitting on a monster elephant and just trampling over any miserable little creature that crosses my path. But I prefer not being rude, because it spares me from listening to stupid or hurtful replies. Also because I enjoy my popularity.

And I listen to all the sorrows of the world. Well, the world DECIDES to unburden their sorrows to me, because they like my advice. My advice is sound because I have an unhealthy curiosity in human psychology. 

I am not trying to put myself down. I frickin' love myself. And that's the point.
I can be self-centred, shallow and hopelessly egotistical. 
I can be jealous, and just plain mean-minded.
If I had more guts, you'd know how nasty I really am. Not nastier than the average human being, but not too much better either.

There you have it. Digest it. Believe it. And if you still love me like you always did, then I'm thankful to have you for a friend.

I agree, the image of Anushka Florence Nightingale Sen is far pleasanter to believe in. But it doesn't exist. Like the Easter Bunny. So grow up already.

13 beep/s:

cry freedom said...

well. =)

azuria said...

=))

Please read what I wrote for you again =))

I've written sth = u're not as sweet as you seem to be...are you? :p


oh...and what a nice , sweet post...by an adorable,ever-friendly,sweet,patient,easter-bunny-like,santa claus like girl ^_^



I <3 believing in Santa :p

Doubletake, Doublethink. said...

irrelevant information: a new study claims that the only reason florence nightingale went around with her lamp was to check that the nurses and the soldiers weren't up to any hanky-panky in the dark.

i kid thee not. i want to be paid to research pointless things like that.

Prince of Mirkwood said...

Then I don't suppose Sarojini Naidu will be very happy with the implications of being tagged "Florence Nightingale of India".

Death On Two Legs said...

Santa Claus was fat, and had a very limited wardrobe.

I love him, but I'd rather not BE him :p

And Priyanka, ROTFL. So do I, so do I.

kd said...

it's xmas dammit.i have a RIGHT to believe in santa and the easter bunny.liar.your that nice;live with it and get out of denial.

Death On Two Legs said...

Kd, I hope you realise that this issue, being one that inspired a WHOLE BLOGPOST, is also one that SERIOUSLY pisses me off.

D'Evil Sam said...

Finally....an outburst!!!

Death On Two Legs said...

@sam- :p

Vikrant said...

Kd's right.

safdar said...

its funny how All of us take ourselves so seriously.

Death On Two Legs said...

@safdar- Let's just say repetition
and inaccuracy aren't my favourite things.

@vikrant- No notes for you!

Vangmayi Parakala said...

DOTL, love it! I feel like that a lot lot lot too!

"I feel like sitting on a monster elephant and just trampling over any miserable little creature that crosses my path."

You crack me up! Sign me up as a fan. Instantly! :P