Monday, December 29, 2008

I can explain!

Before you start sniggering....

I have modified my resolution. I will not come on MSN. I will continue to Blog. Yes, now snigger.

Ok, so here's a piece that was written earlier but held back. I had to let it out. What right did I have to restrain it's freedom?

_________________________________________________________

He was so happy, it made me sick. I never saw him look miserable, not even when he had toothache. 

I thought his world was one of racing cars and comic books, ping-pong bolls and bubble-gum. In my head, I called him 'half-witted', 'depraved'.....
Surely, I asked myself, it was better to live a sad truth than a comfortable lie? And his life was a lie. It had to be.

No abuse of politics... no intellectual outrage at the hopless state of our education system... he was blind to everything that was going wrong!

Then one day I asked him why he thought the world was perfect. I'll never forget his reply.

'The world's a shithole. I've always known that. 
But optimists like YOU think there's hope. That's why the angst.

You think a change is coming... I don't.
You think working yourself upto fever pitch will bring the change. For me, it's a bloody waste of time. Almost everything's a waste of time, really.

The only thing worth being is happy. Good for the digestion. You should try it sometime.'

I tried. It didn't work. But I've stopped calling people optimists.

10 beep/s:

Tuntuni said...

*sniggers*

who is this "he"?

Death On Two Legs said...

Oh PURELY fictitious.

*All resemblances born by any of these characters to a real person, is coincidental*

Prince of Mirkwood said...

Haha! Perfect answer. Give yourself a pat on your back and get back to studying!

Dhrubo said...

Hmm. Insightful?

Death On Two Legs said...

@dhrubo- is that a question?

cry freedom said...

i know who this is about anushka. don't kid urself and others around.

okay. maybe ur fictitious chracter is just about LOOSELY based on someone.

happy new year, btw.

Death On Two Legs said...

@neeti- Thanks, but I really don't know who you mean. I swear I had no one in mind when I wrote it.

D'Evil Sam said...

An Absurdist at her best.

kd said...

"i can explain?"
sounds too much like me/adi/jason doesnt it? mainly the tone.but the post is very you.

Ash said...

avant garde.