Sunday, February 15, 2009

It happened a month back

I was playing badminton with my brother. Neither of us is very good at it. Every winter, we see the dust accumulating on our badminton racquets and are overwhelmed by pity. So we extract them from their covers, whip them about and circulate the air around our house for an hour. This is a daily procedure. By the end of winter, we improve. By the start of next winter, we resume our ventilating activities.

 On this particular occasion, Piku was getting very easily distracted, and I had to holler at him throughout the game. There came the point when I got so annoyed that I was about to walk off. When I was stopped by the sight of something. For the first time, I noticed my neighbour’s house.

 There were creepers growing all over the front wall. Creepers retain their disregard for order, no matter how you plant them, and how much you prune. These were no exception. But even in their wildness they were delicate. Flecked by small white flowers, they looked like the hair on the head of a jungle princess.  

 Flitting in an out of the creepers were sparrows. There were so many of them that the whole mass of leaves, tendrils and stem shook and rustled. The petals of the flowers floated to the ground, slowly, lazily, drifting this way and that with the breeze.

 The whole air was alive with the chirping of the sparrows- so similar to their flight- a flurry of quick little arrows, taut with the force of life.

 Damn nature. You can’t act all cold and dignified around her.

14 beep/s:

blinknmiss said...

there's a bougainvillea creeper that's taken over my bedroom window. pink and sunny green all over the sterile white ac. shalik pakhi going chak-chak-chak ever morning while i try to study chemistry. i didn't close my window for a week.

then my dad said i'm letting in mosquitoes and cut half the creeper down.

Vikrant said...

you do know that your existence is going to revolve around teaching me elective after the twenty third of march right?

Death On Two Legs said...

You freak, I have exams between the 23rd and the 2nd!

And let me shed some light on THAT blogpost whose inspiration you deny:

According to Freud, Repression is the act of pushing socially unacceptable/ self-threating thoughts from the conscious into the unconscious mind.

Prince of Mirkwood said...

Speaking of Freud, he once theorized that "Every man subconsciously wants to sleep with his mom!"
Personally, I find it revolting...Freud's mom must be like a 100 years old!

D'Evil Sam said...

Beautiful!!!
And I suck at badminton too.
:)

Vikrant said...

gimme a day


please?
:)

Death On Two Legs said...

A WHOLE day? Dekha jayega.

@Noor- Yeah, the Oedipus complex. He also said women suffer from penis envy. Which made his follower Karen HORNEY break away from him.

Azuria said...

err...Love your blog pic *.*
me hash creepersh in ma garden ^O^ money plant,bougainvillia ladida ^_^


And yeah. I need your comment on my latest post XD. It's kinda gay =))

My sis pwns me in badminton =.=


Damn nature. You can’t act all cold and dignified around her.<--- :X >:D<

I have 13 days before e.lit. yay me.=.=

Death On Two Legs said...

Rukmini has 14. Vikrant has 10.
DAMN YOU PEOPLE.
I HATE YOU.

H
A
T
E


H A T E


H

A

T

E

wonderwall said...

I am just commenting to say that Vikrant is a kamina, KAMINA, he made his blog private,
I hope you see this vikrant, KAMINA.

wonderwall said...

oye,strangely enough I can still see the first few lines of the post on my blogroll if I activate the snippet thing, but this doesn't change things, Vikrant is still a KAMINA.

Death On Two Legs said...

Hey, I had arranged the letters of 'hate' so awesomely. Bloggers made it all formal and straight-lined. No creativity whatsoever.

wonderwall said...

Na it still looks quite good, you seem deranged and obsessed but that's you so it's fine.

Opaline said...

Oooh, it's ISC month! I was wondering why you weren't posting. You poor little people, tsk tsk. Yay for semester exams! No, actually, YAY for open book semester exams! I am pointing at you and laughing because you have board exams. Seriously I am but still good luck.