Monday, April 13, 2009

I found this scrawled at the back of my Elective English khata. I have no idea when I wrote it, or why. It really isn't a great poem, but I can still relate to it, and I compulsively love everything I create. So. Enter the torture chamber, at the both of our risks.

I know your imperfections, know them all
Like I know the faint smudges on my wall,
Traces of a hysterical reunion 
With an old fountain pen.
I know them the way I know
The patch of peeling paint by the door
And the tile that's not quite level
With the rest of the floor.
The dent on my bed, 
Where I rest my head,
The lamp that always tends to blow a fuse.

Once I entered a room
Where everything was of great use-
Nothing was ever misplaced,
Not a single item could be replaced 
Or rearranged, for who 
Dares Disturb the Balance of the Universe?

'Wow!' I thought at first,
And then I realised that I was feeling slightly sick.
I had a mad urge to throw a brick
At the cabinet full of porcelain
Or rumple up the cushions just a little bit
To make it look like people actually sit
On those perfect chairs.

On reaching home I ran into my room
And flopped upon the bed.
My head was snug in its little nook,
My eyes passed over each crooked cranny,
My mind was crammed with thoughts of your face
And everything fell into place.

6 beep/s:

SPIRITed! said...

I'm sorry I'm unable to come up with a supremely smartass comment, but what the heck, I liked your poem. And yes, you've been blogrolled :)

joey said...

I don't like this much.Somehow.

Should I be saying this?Here of all places...

Death On Two Legs said...

Heh. I know it's not your type. I have people telling me that this is one of their favourites by me. Ki bolbo. I am beyond branding.

randomblahness said...

Ei,all in the name of science(and your *reputation*)
I do like this better, as I have already been quoted in your comment.
I like poorana you better, not poorana you, just the poorana blog writing.
To each his own, but I want MY OWN.
So wield the fountain pen, it is a better weapon for you than the keyboard, even though it is not dyslexic like mine.

blinknmiss said...

Dare you disturb the universe?

Would you be this upset if you could?

Death On Two Legs said...

Have you, have you, HAVE you read The Lovesong of J.Alfred Prufrock? Studying it with Chatto will be a dream.