Monday, April 6, 2009

I hope this is not signs of emo-ness. No, no, it isn't.

So apparently, the world will end by 2012. And people are actually SERIOUS about it this time. Books have been written on 'How to escape 2012', and sold like hot earth. I still don't believe it. Human ego, I guess. The same reason why I don't believe that there's life anywhere else in this infinite universe. But if I DID find proof of life elsewhere, I'd be genuinely excited. And if the world truly WILL end by 2012, I won't be utterly depressed about it. Just before I die, I mean.


I'll be what, 24? 
I'll have completed graduation. Hopefully. 
I will have better hair and less weight. Hopefully. 
My social life will be less hectic and more exciting. Hopefully.
Also, I can do what the hell I want in my last few years. Like, I REALLY want to make a movie, but I'm shaky about it, because I'm not sure how good I'd be at it. I do know that I can NEVER read a book without picturing how I would film it. And I can NEVER watch a movie without analysing it like a psychologist on overdrive. If the world WERE to end by '12, I'd go ahead and make a movie, without giving a damn. 
But then what if EVERYONE started doing what the hell they wanted? Holy Shit. 
Ooh. Speaking of movies, and people doing what they want, there IS this idea for a movie that randomly walked into my head.

This guy is very shy and nervous; the mama's boy type. No, communal-section-of-my-readers, NOT necessarily Bangali. Anyway, when he finds out the world is going to end in a few years, he decides to pep things up for himself. QUITE a bit. And then, it turns out that the world doesn't end after all. Not in his lifetime anyway. Muhahaha. Let madness reign.

P.S- No, I won't be 24, I'll be 21. I am a number-illiterate.

13 beep/s:

Doubletake, Doublethink. said...

the last para sounds a lot like The Blue Castle by Montgomery. with minor changes.
=)

i refuse to believe it. i've made up my mind to live to seventy.

blinknmiss said...

A little bit like Dasvidaniya na?

You will not be 24! I will only be 19 or maybe 20! How old are you now woman?



Pardon me for not leaving smart funny comment since the idea of death still scares the shit out of me, and 2012 is something I've already had forebodings about thanks to insinuations by CERTAIN PEOPLE.

Death On Two Legs said...

@Priyanka- 70 is a good age. Have you ever thought of this, we'll be the first generation of REALLY tech-savvy, hip grannies.

@Shalmi- I am SO sorry. I'll be 21. See, I haven't had Math for 2 years now :P

Azuria said...

That would be brilliant @_

everyone doing what they wanted...

world does NOT end...and ...chaos...oh yes...beautiful

D'Evil Sam said...

All of humankind being wiped of the face of the planet doesn't qualify as end of the world.
This planet will stand, with or without us.

But I'll be moving to a different planet in a few weeks. :)

Death On Two Legs said...

I like to think of 'world' and 'planet' as slightly different concepts. Know what I mean?

Sahana said...

I'LL DIE WHEN I'M TWENTY!?
Why would you say something like that to me?

Sahana said...

I'LL DIE WHEN I'M TWENTY!?
Why would you say something like that to me?

Rick said...

I heard that this rumour was started by the schizophrenic Nostradamus. Seconded by a couple of drunk American Astronomer. And then, it was accepted by the whole world. Well, almost the whole.

Cool.

Death On Two Legs said...

Hey, that IS cool!

Rahul Saha said...

I find something comforting about everyone dying together. Its been sometime since the human race has been that united in action.

Death On Two Legs said...

Very true, that :D

Ravis said...

What's this about the world ending? Who says so? I can't die when I'm 19 or 20! I mean, I can, but what the hell is this?! A joke or what!?