Sunday, July 5, 2009

*Bridal Chorus*

So Sahana envisions for herself the cosiest married life possible- little suburban villa with porch and pretty curtains; a bright green square of garden where warm-furry-limpid-eyed-dog will NOT pee. Throw into this radiant scene, a coolio husband and superbabies. Now Sahana is not your average dreamer. The husband has a known face. The kids have pre-decided names. And it's not like she expects all this to grow out of nowhere. An elaborate proposal and an orgy of a wedding feature in her plan as well. When I say orgy, I mean orgy. Do caramel mountains, chocolate fountains and marshmallow confetti convince you?


Shalmi, on the other hand, is the untamed sprit. Anywhere the wind blows. A pleasant, unplanned drifting along, interrupted by sudden burts of mischief (equally unplanned.) Wind.

Which led me to wonder, what kind of a future do I see for myself? I have ABSOLUTELY no freaking idea. Sahana thinks I'll end up with a Physics Professor, erudite, but boyish, with a winning smile. Shalmi called me Meg of Little Women. I don't think she was referring to the marriage part of it, but if she was, then my future husband is a penniless loser who happens to be a 'nice man.' And he will die young. And a part of me will will turn to ashes but I will survive. I mean, REALLY. What do you guys take me for?

Personally, I'd like to see myself with an intense brooding poet, who I will salvage from the murky depths of his own tortured mind. But I know that's not happening. I don't have the guts to marry that sort.

The only definite thing I've said about my domestic future is:- if I end up with 2 sons and Rukmini ends up with 2 daughters, we'll swap a kid of one gender for one of the other. I see myself as more of a daughter's mother, and she as more of a son's. WHAT? Don't judge us, we're only 18.

20 beep/s:

Prince of Mirkwood said...

So is there any guy you don't find 'nice'?

reflections said...

me too...for the last part. i see myself ONLY as a daughter's mother. BOYS????HORRROOORRR! :P

randomblahness said...

Sheesh, this is what it all led to.

adaywithoutaparacetamol said...

I feel very exposed in this here post.
Dogs pee. My dog will pee like that dog in Bruce Almighty. And I have more to say but I need to go to the library right now.

desk said...

Hey, I know just the man. Will be Physics Professor in a couple of years.

Death On Two Legs said...

@PoM- Oh yes. But in most of those cases, 'not nice' is all they are.

@Soupy- Hah. I can imagine you trying to dole out abstract philosophy and lines from Shelley to an urchin of a boy.

@Desk- Haha... you like the Physics prof. idea too? Christ.

Velocitygirl said...

Aha, I am back and ready to refute.
Well, excuse ME, but the food orgy was NOT my idea. You may recall from the conversation regarding hardware and software that wedding bells will chime loftily in the distance while you crash the wedding. (And sell shrooms. That was one wacko dream.)

And you know, little boy babies intrigue me. There must be some logical reason why they act the way they do. This calls for scientific research!! (Somewhere, teeny-tiny-Nikolai-cell shudders at the very thought. :P)
But here is some constructive criticism. I rather enjoy how you used the word "coolio" in perspective, having conveniently misspelt it. Also, you forgot to mention how awesome I am.

Stropko said...

I'm backing up Sahana on this one. Never have we said we want a food orgy. NEVER!

The Orange Cat said...

Y'know, Keith Richards is always available...

Death On Two Legs said...

@Nick- Sahana had thought this up before YOU came in. I didn't know she's abandoned the idea. Lessee, months of bad hostel food might just swing her back into orgy-ogress mode.

For the record, I could never dream up this kind of thing, I think minimally.

@Orange Cat- Oh crap. No. No. NO. Though I like their music.

adaywithoutaparacetamol said...

Food orgy plan was in the seventh grade! Back when we wanted to marry Brad Pitt or whatever. Ohmygoodness.

Death On Two Legs said...

THAT long ago?
MAN.

SPIRITed! said...

*guffaws*
Go ahead with the orgy plan, Sahana!

blinknmiss said...

Oh you dear thing.

I don't know why, but this makes me like you all the more.

A Cameo said...

SO, fundamentally, you want to be a hero for your husband.

enchanting.

Death On Two Legs said...

@Shalmi- Well. I am still thinking of a suitable answer to that. I actually am, wow, that's lame.

@Rick- Eh Baba, I never thought of it that way. No no, that makes husband sound like a 'pansayyh.'

Pratiti said...

I can't at all conceive of having a boy baby either. Girl babies are just so might nice. And even though in babyhood boys might be tolerable, imagine LATER. *shudder*

Pratiti said...

*much nicer

Death On Two Legs said...

Exactly, the LATER is a huge deterrent, na?

Mer-curial-maiden said...

I don't know how I missed this post before. I've been chuckling at the comments as well as the post :D

Weirdly enough, just yesterday, I was discussing what I meant by living life "on my terms" by the time I'm 26 or so.

This is fun, isn't it? :)