Friday, August 7, 2009

Why mothers are mothers.

Ma: Achha, I've been hearing things and I'm worried about what's in the facebook.


Me: It's not 'in the facebook.'

Ma: 'On the facebook' then.

Me: OOF Ma, it's not about 'in' or 'on', it about the 'the'. The 'the' is redundant.

Like one doesn't say- 'he is a gay.' It's just 'he is gay'. Forget about the article, forget it ever existed!

Ma: Ok. But social networking is creepy.

(In the end, they always hit the nail on the head. But oh, the painful process towards the end.)

7 beep/s:

Sherry Wasandi said...

Ha.

You can say that again!

A Cameo said...

one reading the little piece, apart from the obvious point about mothers another thing springs to mind.

You have an affinity for discussion on unusual sexuality.

You could have cited ANY other example.

Death On Two Legs said...

Hey! It's just that mothers tend to say 'he is a gay.' I know 2 who do.

Or do I really have an affinity for discussion on alternative sexuality. E Baba.

D'Evil Sam said...

I agree. It is creepy.
Btw, I have names for my parents.
Mental Mommy and Deadly Daddy :)

JD said...

Atleast you don't have your mum following your blog. I mentioned "Dad, please ignore the innuendos in this one" in one post and people made fun of it. My dad promptly commented on the post, scaring the bejeezus out of everyone :|

Oh, and I'm some vague blogstroller :)

purple rain said...

heheheh! liked this post!

Death On Two Legs said...

@JD- Hello, random blogstroller =]

@Purple Rain- Thanks! You're Malini from JU, aren't you?