Thursday, October 8, 2009

Pictures from trip


A little late, but still. Minimum photo-editing guaranteed. And my acknowledgements to Piku for some of the chhobis.




















The shadow.............





















..
.......... And the boy behind it.





An Ent in Disguise?




















Light...




















......And shade.






'Lips Lolly.' The cheap candy movement lives on.




Maths papers strewn randomly all over a path. See the equations in the enlarged version if you don't believe me.



Further example of math-driven angst.

Little Red Leaf.


_______________________________________


Sunsets.


_______________________________________



























The moon at noon. Well, not noon exactly but close enough for me to rhyme.


















Fuh-lowers


Self- explanatory.

21 beep/s:

Priyanka said...

haha @ last one. I love these BSF thingies on hill roads.

Rick said...

Shade and Sunset 1 - very nice.
Last one- heh!

oh and yeah, poor math-guy...I empathize.

soin said...

wheres this place..

Just Me :) said...

Shade.. just the reclusive spot I dream about.
Would love to spend time there with myself :-)

and _where IS this place?

Death On Two Legs said...

It's Mirik. About 2 hrs drive from Darjeeling, below it in altitude =]

Mer-curial-maiden said...

Fabulous chhobis, the sunset ones especially. You lucky tramper, you.

D'Evil Sam said...

I liked the the sunset, the shade and the Ent. I simply loved the moon at noon. You have good electronic eyes. Is this place near Gorumara by and odd chance?

Death On Two Legs said...

Yes, kind of! But we didn't go there :(

D'Evil Sam said...

Gorumara and Yaksam are the only two places on this planet that makes an ounce of effing sense.
But this place seems nice as well :)

randomblahness said...

I love Lips Lolly, they took out this milk flavoured one which I hated, but the orange one was nice too.

I think I'll take a walk now.

Kirra Serra said...

What I wouldn't give to be at that 'Shade' spot. Sigh!

blinknmiss said...

I like Light, and Shade looks like it's from Tom Bombadil's forest.

Lucky Lips, tis sinfully sweet. Glad you like em too :)

And that was the first time I got a clear glimpse of your face..

Sherry Wasandi said...

Math papers... Hah!

I used to burn those for fun.
Now, it seems the joke is on me.

By the way, those are some very pretty pictures.

Death On Two Legs said...

@Shalmi- Is it really? Come to think of it, I haven't seen even One of you!

@Spriha- MILK flavoured lips lolly? Lips lollies should be pink and sparkly. Bas.

@rest- Thankee :)

Velocitygirl said...

Hurry Burry spoils the Curry.
Sheer poetry. It tells Wordsworth to clearly "baadi jaa".

KD said...

i always look out for the bsf road signs on the roads,btw your pretty good with the camera:)

Aoi said...

Nice ^_^

Riddhi G.D said...

Hurry Burry spoils the curry =D Heh, bhery inventive desi style..
I feel the math paper angst all too well now
Love the red leaf one :)

Death On Two Legs said...

Yay, SOMEONE likes the red leaf. That's my personal sentimental favourite. That shy little thing, made conspicuous anyway by it's warm glow. Ok, now I' attributing emotions to leaves so I'd better leave. (Unintended pun, btw.)

Deeptesh said...

the maths paper makes a lot of metaphorical sense!!grt pics really.n oh!I sent u a msg on facebook abt d JUDE writing forum we are trying to start.

Genie said...

Lol, the math ones were the cutest. :)